At a Glance
- A Swiss registered bank, headquartered in Zurich
- Regulated by Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA)
- 100% owned by Gazprombank (JSC)
- 12 years of continuous positive development since the acquisition in 2009
- Corporate and investment banking model with strong focus on servicing commodity traders and industrial companies located in Switzerland, the Russian Federation and CIS
- Representative office in Dubai regulated by Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) for focused coverage of the MENA region
- Multinational team of more than 84 banking professionals
|in CHF m||2018||2019||2020|
We will support Swiss and EU companies in developing their business relations in Russia and CIS as well as Russian and CIS companies in their international growth by being their center of competence in:
- commodity trade finance
- export finance, incl. finance with Swiss Export Risk Insurance (SERV)
- debt capital markets coverage of the Swiss institutional market
- crypto & blockchain services
Furthermore we provide opportunities in deal structuring by leveraging the established legal system in Switzerland and make use of the benefits of being a member of one of the largest financial groups.
Our Core Principles
- Compliance with laws, rules and regulations: all Bank’s employees are expected to comply with laws, rules and regulations as well as with our internal policies and guidelines. We are committed to manage our relationship with regulatory bodies transparently and cooperatively.
- Fair dealing and fair competition: we deal with honesty and in good faith with our clients, business partners, the public, our competitors, third-party service providers and others.
- Transparency: We adhere to strict know-your-customer regulations but, at the same time, do not undermine customers’ legitimate right to privacy. We undertake ongoing due diligence to identify suspicious activities which, if discovered, are promptly escalated to management or control functions.
- Client confidentiality: we maintain the confidentiality of any information entrusted to us by our clients, except when disclosure is authorized by them or required by applicable laws and regulations. We share such information internally with appropriate discretion.
- Independence: We act and decide as an independent subsidiary and uphold a dual board system with a majority of independent board members.
- Cross-border business: We require that employees understand the policies applicable to their activities when offering products or services to clients outside our home jurisdictions.
- Disclosure and public communication: We make fair, accurate, timely and clear disclosure in reports, documents or communications to regulatory authorities or the public in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
The Soviet Government establishes Wozchod Handelsbank to facilitate trade with Western countries
Wozchod Handelsbank transforms into a branch of Soviet Vnesheconombank of USSR
Russische Kommerzialbank AG established on the basis of a Zurich branch of Vnesheconombank
Russische Kommerzial Bank AG acquired by Vneshtorgbank (VTB)
Russische Kommerzial Bank AG (VTB) acquired by Gazprombank (OJSC), Moscow
Rebranding to Gazprombank (Switzerland) Ltd., beginning of a new chapter in the history of the Bank
Gazprombank (Switzerland) Ltd opens a Representative Office in Dubai to expand its presence in the MENA region