The position is responsible to lead a team of 5 compliance professionals and to manage the bank’s Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Compliance and Sanctions activities. It ensures that the bank fulfills the Swiss regulatory requirements and Swiss best practice standards in order to achieve the business objections of the bank.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Establish and communicate the bank’s AML, compliance and sanctions objectives and direction).
- Integrate AML, compliance and sanctions with the strategy development process of the bank.
- Develop and communicate AML, compliance and sanctions policies.
- Communicate with State authorities, courts, state prosecutors and FINMA concerning AML, compliance and sanctions.
- Providing the senior management of the firm with compliance reports and risk assessments
- Assist EMB in developing AML, Compliance and Sanctions risk mitigation strategies and monitoring of these risks.
- Ensuring adherence to the firm’s regulatory obligations by taking ownership of operational measures and overseeing the performance of controls to ensure compliance
- Conduct research activities, suspicious/unusual patterns of activity and checks of embargo and sanctions lists.
- Analyze all new accounts before opening and monitor existing accounts on a regular basis with a view of KYC requirements and risk classification.
- Manage potential conflicts of interest and monitor staff transactions.
- Establish Fraud Prevention strategies and mitigation tools together with Risk Management and Risk Control.
- Develop an IT strategy to support the Compliance Department in its daily work.
- Prepare and conduct trainings
- Participate in the New Product development process.
- Fosters a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, integrity and a positive environment that will enable the Bank to attract, retain and motivate desired staff.
- Accomplishes bank mission by completing related results as needed.
- The tasks of this role requires close collaboration with the Executive Management Board
- At least 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Proven experience in managerial role in Compliance
- A university degree or equivalent education in law, business administration or economics
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent people leadership skills and open, inclusive attitude
- Very good communication skills. Proficiency in English (spoken and written) is a must. Proficiency in German or Russian is a significant asset
- Strong knowledge of FINMA requirements for banks and securities firms
- Trustworthy and ethic person
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrates confidence when dealing with key clients/stakeholders and senior management
- Result oriented and problem solving manager
- Good knowledge of all MS tools
- Office in Seefeld (Zurich)
- Friendly, dynamic environment, international team with flat hierarchies and direct communication channels
- Competitive market salary (incl. fringe benefits)
- Attractive insurance package (incl. pension scheme, accident and sickness insurance)
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application.
By sending us your data, you accept our Data Confidentiality Declaration for Job Applicants
If you have questions about this declaration, please contact our Data Protection Officer