The position is responsible for the integral handling of documentary business instruments such as LCs, Standby-LCs, documentary collections, guarantees, assignment of proceeds, payment undertakings during their whole lifecycle as well as for actively advising clients (mainly in the field of Commodity Trade Finance) and internal partners on such instruments.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure integral handling of documentary business including its structuring and wording and fully complying with rules and regulations of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and of the bank.
- Advise clients on documentary business / instruments such as documentary credits, Standby-LCs, documentary collections and all types of guarantees along their needs and in line with the requirements of the bank.
- Ensure high service quality to clients and efficient processing of documentary business whilst keeping risks under control.
- Manage risks of documentary credits and guarantees under collateral based accounts as well as under authorized credit lines.
- Escalate any risk-related issue such as refusal of documents, payment overdue and/or clients’ complaint/feedback immediately to the Head Transaction Management & Documentary Business.
- Monitor actively all obligations, expiry dates, terms of payments, deferred payments related to the documentary business
- Ensure correct scheduling and timely processing of documentary business including its commissioning and repayment.
- Perform compliance checks for vessels and transactional counterparties where appropriate.
- Identify, propose and implement operational improvements with regard to efficiency and service quality (systems, processes, client experience).
- Act as main point of contact for other departments for documentary business
- Develop documentary business by collaborating with Client relation/Business origination, STCF & Credit by bringing in documentary business intelligence, market knowledge and information to strategic plans and reviews.
- Accomplish bank mission by completing the mandated tasks as needed.
- Graduate in finance, economics or commercial vocational education, e.g. in a bank and/or Commodity Trading and/or import-/export oriented company
- Several years of practical banking experience in Trade Finance
- Long-standing hands-on execution and structuring experience with Trade Finance instruments such as LCs and Stand-by LCs in the field of Commodities
- Very good knowledge of international trading, trade finance instruments and related ICC rules such as UCP600, URC522, ISP98, URDG758 and Incoterms
- Customer oriented and focused on service quality
- Seeks responsibility and feels comfortable in a dynamic, multicultural and challenging environment
- Ability to multitask, work in a team and decision making
- Diligent, proactive and an eye for detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English and German, Russian, Spanish or French is a plus
- Strong excel and financial modeling skills, Avaloq knowledge is a plus
- Office in Seefeld (Zurich)
- Friendly, dynamic environment, international team with flat hierarchies and direct communication channels
- Competitive market salary (incl. fringe benefits)
- Attractive insurance package (incl. pension scheme, accident and sickness insurance)
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application.
By sending us your data, you accept our Data Confidentiality Declaration for Job Applicants
If you have questions about this declaration, please contact our Data Protection Officer